FCC Emergency Internet Benefit (EBB)
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month for broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 toward the purchase of a laptop, desktop or tablet from participating vendors if they contribute $10 to $50 toward the purchase price.
The emergency broadband benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who is eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefits Program?
- A household is eligible if a member of the household:
- You qualify for the Lifeline program
- Receive benefits under the free or reduced-price school lunch program or school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- You meet the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing COVID-19 or low-income program.
When can I enroll in the benefit?
The list of California broadband companies that have opted in can be found here:
How to request the benefit?
Eligible households need to do two things: apply for the benefit and contact a participating provider to choose a service plan .
There are three ways to apply for the benefit:
- Contact a participating Internet provider directly. Ask if they participate in the EBB program. use our online services to find a participating business in your area. If you are unable to apply through the carrier, you will need to apply using option 2 or 3 below and then contact a participating carrier to select an eligible plan.
- Online. Use the application on the GetEmergencyBroadband.org website to apply for the benefit online. On the website you will also find participating providers in your area. After applying for the benefit, you will need to contact a participating provider to select an eligible plan.
- By postal mail. Call 833-511-0311 to get an application. Print the application in English or Spanish. Fill it out and mail it with your proof of eligibility to: